Re: ethical problem/job hunting

Subject: Re: ethical problem/job hunting
From: Tom Johnson <johnsont -at- FREEWAY -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 07:21:42 -0400

Dear Nameless,

Like nearly anything else, it depends. It depends on location, the company
you work for, your supervisor and what your supervisor had for breakfast
the morning you break the news and your reputation as an employee.

Here in Michigan it goes both ways. I think I could tell my boss that I'm
looking for other work without repercussions. I did that once, they made
some changes in the way my work was structured and gave me a hefty raise
when review time rolled around.

To put the official Techwr-l spin on this, KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE.

Tom Johnson
Traverse City, MI.

business johnsont -at- starcutter -dot- com
personal thomasj -at- freeway -dot- net

On Friday, October 23, 1998 6:34 AM, Eric J. Ray [SMTP:ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM]
wrote:
> Name withheld upon request. Please reply on list.

> Hope this question isn't too naive--but is jobhunting on the sly pretty
> much the rule Out There?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=