Re: Metadiscourse

Subject: Re: Metadiscourse
From: "Huber, Mike" <mrhuber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 11:44:19 -0400

Just thought of one other place, where metadiscourse is not only
appropriate, but possibly critical: when building a database for
multiple-delivery (AKA single-source) documentation. Each chunk in the
database should probably be described. In this case, the audience for the
metadiscourse is the person using the documentation chunks in the database
to build a document, and the metadiscourse is probably not going to appear
in the finished document.

---
Office:
mike -dot- huber -at- software -dot- rockwell -dot- com
Home:
nax -at- execpc -dot- com

> From: Huber, Mike

> Metadiscourse has it's place.