fonts and presentations

Subject: fonts and presentations
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 11:44:23 -0600

Okay, I've searched the archives, and I've found a lot of information
about fonts in printed documents and fonts in on-line help files.

I haven't found information on what I'm looking for, which is a
suggestion for a body font for on-screen presentations. These are for
presentations that will either be on viewgraphs (overhead slides) or
projected from a laptop computer.

My understanding is that current wisdom suggests that san-serif fonts
are easier to read in such situations. I need to use a TrueType font
because that's the easiest way to embed the font in the document.

Arial looks fine, but it's b-o-r-i-n-g. Lucida Sans is nicely
readable, but it looks too informal to me, for some reason. Tahoma
and Verdana are right out because they don't have true italics.

I'm looking for something businesslike and crisp. And the title font
(unless I change it) is Copperplate Gothic Bold, so it shouldn't clash
too badly with that. I used to be in love with Stone Sans, but I
haven't seen a TrueType version of that to try it out. And I still
love Gill Sans, but I only have that as Type 1 fonts.

Any other suggestions?

Beth Friedman bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
"If you can forgive your parents and forgive the Cubs, you can save
about $25,000 in therapy."
-- Steve Goodman

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=