CUI terminology

Subject: CUI terminology
From: Ruth Kiner-Cola <ruthk -at- ENVWORLD -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 16:35:59 -0700

Can anyone recommend a good Character User Interface (CUI) terminology book.
I'm working with developers who insist on calling various commands at the
bottom of a character-mode screen "buttons." We've had several good-natured
discussions, but they continue to give me this "RCA-dog" look when I tell
them that a "button" is an OOP term solely of the GUI domain. They're
making me crazy.

Thanks for your help.
Ruth Kiner-Cola
Documentation and Training Manager
Envision Utility Software Corporation
Santa Fe, NM

"The quality of the software is inversely proportional to the length of the
documentation."

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=