Degrees

Subject: Degrees
From: Katav <katav -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 16:04:38 -0800

Just curious: I watch the lists and the Help Wanted posts. Of late,
almost all have ''reqiored'' a degree in something -- most often
English or Journalism, but always a degree.

I know a lot of subscribers to the list never bothered to get a
degree. I curious to know

(a) if those posting the job offers REALLY require a degree or simply
would like the candidate to HAVE a degree

(b) if there is any value to a ''termainal degree'' issued some 30
years ago (lem'me tell you about by degree BA from '64 -- 1964, that
is)

I am NOT looking for tirades about why a degree is/not necessary to be
a >>good<< (tech) writer. I want to know what are the ''absolutes''
where you work ... is the degree position yours, the company's, the
CEO's whim? Please respond to katav -at- yahoo -dot- com and I will tally
the results
===========================
No requirement
Bachelors
Bachelors + experience
Masters
Masters + experience
Policy maker -- (select 1 of above)
(you, CEO, etc.)

==
Katav ( katav -at- yahoo -dot- com )
''Despise not any person and do not deem anything unworthy
of consideration, for there is no person without his hour,
and no thing without its place'' {Ben Azzai [Avot 4:2]}

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=