HELP!! Graphics Problem

Subject: HELP!! Graphics Problem
From: Melissa Conniff <mconniff -at- CSC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 13:57:25 -0600

Gang,

I've searched the archives but found no solution to my problem.

Situation: A SME creates a screen shot on their PC by using hitting the
Alt + Print Scrn buttons. They then paste it into a Word document. I'm
trying to copy their screen shots out of Word and into a graphics program
to convert it into an independant graphic. Preferably with a WMF
extension, but anything that Frame excepts is ok. The document will be for
both hardcopy and PDF distribution.

Problem: When I copy and paste the screen shot out of Word and into *any*
other software, the wording and icons in the screen shot are distorted
beyond recognition. I've tried copying directly into Frame--it prints
crystal clear even though it looks distorted on the screen.
Unfortuneately, when I create a PDF doc with these distorted screen shots,
they are still distorted in Acrobat. The same thing happens when I copy it
into Visio. Prints fine, looks bad on screen.

What I've Tried: I've tried pasting into Visio, Frame, and MS Photo Editor
with no success. I've played around with different graphical extentions
and importing them with different dpi. I even created my own screen shot
and copied it into Frame. It looks good only at 120% view but it still
looks bad when converted to a PDF doc.

Does *anyone* have any suggestions? I feel like a scientist thinking of
every possible cause and ruling them out one by one. Hey--who says you
can't use the scientific method in real life? ;~D

At wits end,

Melissa

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=