Re: HELP!! Graphics Problem

Subject: Re: HELP!! Graphics Problem
From: Barbara Karst-Sabin <barbara -at- QUOTE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 12:21:58 -0800

I've taken the lazy way to putting screen shots into word myself, but
never had this problem. I usually use the Paint program that comes with
Windows as an intermediate step.

Try copying them into Paint then into Photoshop or something like that
where you have lots of SaveAs options. One hint, and you may have
already thought of this, when you put a graphic into Photoshop, for
example, it will most likely not be at 100% view. Try changing them to
100% and checking how the font looks first.

I've put text into Visio with the same technique/caveat and with equal
success. Hope this is a help.

BJ

Melissa Conniff wrote:

> Gang,
>
> I've searched the archives but found no solution to my problem.
>
> Situation: A SME creates a screen shot on their PC by using hitting the
> Alt + Print Scrn buttons. They then paste it into a Word document. I'm
> trying to copy their screen shots out of Word and into a graphics program
> to convert it into an independant graphic. Preferably with a WMF
> extension, but anything that Frame excepts is ok. The document will be for
> both hardcopy and PDF distribution.
>
> Problem: When I copy and paste the screen shot out of Word and into *any*
> other software, the wording and icons in the screen shot are distorted
> beyond recognition. I've tried copying directly into Frame--it prints
> crystal clear even though it looks distorted on the screen.
> Unfortuneately, when I create a PDF doc with these distorted screen shots,
> they are still distorted in Acrobat. The same thing happens when I copy it
> into Visio. Prints fine, looks bad on screen.
>
> What I've Tried: I've tried pasting into Visio, Frame, and MS Photo Editor
> with no success. I've played around with different graphical extentions
> and importing them with different dpi. I even created my own screen shot
> and copied it into Frame. It looks good only at 120% view but it still
> looks bad when converted to a PDF doc.
>
> Does *anyone* have any suggestions? I feel like a scientist thinking of
> every possible cause and ruling them out one by one. Hey--who says you
> can't use the scientific method in real life? ;~D
>
> At wits end,
>
> Melissa
>
> From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000==

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=