Re: QUESTION: number range with negatives

Subject: Re: QUESTION: number range with negatives
From: "D. Margulis" <ampersandvirgule -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 17:04:32 -0500

Use the word _to_. And if you anticipate that this situation will arise,
make it your standard style to use the word _to_. In a thread a few
weeks back I ran on about the usage of the en dash for ranges, but I was
trying to draw a distinction with the hyphen, not trying to suggest that
a dash is necessarily a better solution than a preposition.

HTH,

Dick

Kate Kane wrote:

> Hello -
> How do you write a range of numbers when the first number is
> negative? I tried hyphen, digit, space, endash, space, digit but it
> doesn't look right, and our style guide doesn't cover negative
> numbers (temperatures, in this case).
> Thanks for your help.
> Kate

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=