Re: Twilight Zone during Word session???

Subject: Re: Twilight Zone during Word session???
From: Sean McFerren <McFerrenS -at- PGE-TEXAS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 16:30:22 -0600

John,

This a part of the auto-correct feature in Word97. If you type a colon
immediately followed by a close parenthesis, Word will change it to a
smiley face. You can disable this action by modifying your auto-correct
settings.

**********************************
Sean McFerren
Technical Communication Consultant
Pacific Gas & Electric
Houston, Texas
McFerrenS -at- pge-texas -dot- com

<snip>
I accidently created a smiley face character on my Word document when
attempting to write an end parentheses )
I tried to duplucate the feat and checked a few Word resources to no
avail.
Does anyone out there know about this feature??<snip>

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=