Re: Resume Revision

Subject: Re: Resume Revision
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 07:34:59 -0800

Laurence Burrows wrote:

>Smart applicants enclose a cover note or the relevant parts of the >company lay-off policy letter that authorized them to use the company >stationary. This proactive approach tells me that they see the >connection between their actions and the consequences...making them
>the sort of people I want to hire.

Interesting. In other words, you actively select for subordinates who
expect their actions to be treated with suspicion.

>Conversley, those who can't anticipate my probable negative
>reaction are probably too dumb for me to bother about interviewing.

One could argue equally convincingly that the people with a high level
of trust are the smart ones. Specious definitions of intelligence are
like that.

-- Robert
--
Robert Plamondon * High-Tech Technical Writing
36475 Norton Creek Road * Blodgett OR 97326

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=