Re: ADA requirements for web sites

Subject: Re: ADA requirements for web sites
From: Julie Pitt <Julie_Pitt -at- SIGNALCORP -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 10:53:11 -0500

Jennifer Petersen wrote:
<If anyone comes across some actual ADA guidelines please let me know.>

I did a research paper this summer about equal information access, adaptive
technology, etc. From what I can remember (I don't have the paper here at
the office), the ADA doesn't provide specific guidelines on electronic
access. The key issue is that businesses are required to make "reasonable
accommodation" for employees/patrons.

Have you checked out the W3 Consortium? They have Web Accessibility
Initiative (WAI) group that has developed a working draft of guidelines for
web page authors. Check out this URL:

http://www.w3.org/WAI/#News

Julie
julie_pitt -at- signalcorp -dot- com