BITMAPS

Subject: BITMAPS
From: Robert Maxey <Bob_Maxey -at- MTN -dot- 3COM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 13:13:51 -0700

>>>I'm trying to figure out how to put a bitmap on a web page. I made the
>bitmap
>in microsofts paint program and when I view the bitmap through my browser
it
>shows me the entire paint program and lets me edit the graphic. But I
dont
>want to be able to see the entire program or edit the graphic.

Do NOT use bitmaps. They are far to big in terms of file sizes. You should
convert the image to either JPG or GIF format and save all the hassles.
Believe me, a bunch of large images on your page will slow it down and some
people will not return if the download takes too long. Some people may not
be able to even view them.

Bob Maxey
3Com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=