Foreign Languages in WinHelp

Subject: Foreign Languages in WinHelp
From: Karl Muchow <kmuchow -at- CAMLIGHT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 13:15:17 -0500

Folks,

Can anyone answer a few questions about creating foreign language versions
of WinHelp files? Microsoft, Robohelp and a number of other sources have
been unable to provide answers after a week of questioning. Any help would
be greatly appeciated!

Do the localized foreign language versions of Microsoft's Winhelp engine
(versions 3.1, 95, 98) display the interface (e.g., "Forward" and "Back"
buttons, etc.) in the local language or is it always in English?

To compile localized foreign language versions of Winhelp, do we need the
foreign language versions of the Winhelp compiler and of Micorosoft Windows?

Can double-byte language RoboHelp files (Japanese) be authored and QA tested
on a system using the English version of Windows? Amazingly, Microsoft and
Robohelp have been unable to answer this question after a week of questioning.

Is any specialized hardware required to create a system that can be used to
QA test double-byte (Japanese) RoboHelp files? Can we just install Win 95J
(Japanese) and the localized versions of RoboHelp to author/QA test our files?

Thanks!

Karl Muchow

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=