Re: Rejection Letters

Subject: Re: Rejection Letters
From: JIMCHEVAL -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 15:10:57 EST

In a message dated 10/30/98 11:26:48 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Laurel_Y_Nelson -at- NOTES -dot- SEAGATE -dot- COM writes:

<< The resume revision/cover letter thread made me think about how many
companies don't bother with sending out rejection letters-<snip> I wouldn't
be so baffled by this if it didn't happen so often,
especially when the unemployment rate is high. >>
That's precisely why they don't.

There are so many people out there looking for jobs, that for some companies
responding to every candidate could add up to a separate job function.

I know I was quite surprised to see the receptionist here with a huge stack of
postcards she was addressing. "What are those?" "No thank you's to
candidates." Just using a postcard was still a major task.

It's funny - I was just thinking yesterday how modern times have gotten so
hectic that even some of my most well-bred friends don't write thank you notes
anymore. In a world where "Time is money", justifying the time spent to
respond to people you DON"T want to hire may simply not be possible.

So I'd say, it's nice when they do, but it's certainly not rude when they
don't.

Jim Chevallier
North Hollywood

Appearing 11/7 -12/13 as Gorgibus in Moliere's "Les Precieuses Ridicules" (at
The Globe Theatre, West Hollywood, CA - tix (323) 933-5664)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=