Re: Foreign Languages in WinHelp

Subject: Re: Foreign Languages in WinHelp
From: Trevor Holdsworth <t -dot- holdsworth -at- GILSON -dot- FR>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 08:30:36 +0100

Just my two centimes worth on this one, as far as the help files are concerned,
in the WinHelp functions, you could select the language for the buttons, if
desired.

There is one point to be aware of, its not related to help messages, but the
automatic error messages that spring up when something goes wrong, you know, the
'Abort, Retry Fail' buttons. These are in the language of the compiler used to
compile the actual software you are using.

Example:

We have produced a softare based on DELPHI. The PC's used were all installed with
English Word, Windows etc... But the Delphi compiler was French. So we had our
own software windows popping up in English as desired. Help messages and buttons
in English, as written. But it took us a while to figure why the error messages
were in French.

Trevor Holdsworth,
Technical Writer (Strictly Monday to Friday)
Gilson, France

Corkscrew collector (weekends, lunchtimes, evenings)
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/trevorholdsworth/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=