Font Choices

Subject: Font Choices
From: Liza Potts <lizap -at- SIRS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 15:08:19 -0500

Greetings,
We have decided to update our style manual. In doing so, I am researching different font choices (font name, size, effects, etc.). I am wondering what other writers are using in their manuals. I have poured through Microsoft's new Manual of Style for Technical Publications, and I am in agreement with their choices. However, I want to find out what other technical writers are doing.
What font formats (font, size, effects, etc.) do you use for body text? headings? chapter titles? call-outs? on-screen text? How many different fonts are you using on a page?
Thanks,
Liza

Liza Potts
Technical Writer