Re: Keeping track of software changes

Subject: Re: Keeping track of software changes
From: Geri Lou Ciotoli <GCIOTOLI -at- ECS-INC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 09:21:53 -0500

> Kathy Stanzler wrote:
>
> --------------snip
> How do you make sure Doc gets notified of ALL changes to
> the GUI? Is there a system or a software product that ensures that this
> information isn't lost?
> --------------snip
There are softwares available to do just this. We use a product
called Clarify where the programmers enter their changes into the database.
If documentation is needed for that change, it is forwarded to my queue and
I am informed of the change. This software also generates reports, you can
do queries, etc.

It is an involved software and does need maintaining. It also could
be expensive, but I don't know.

Just thought it might help you. If this one is available, I'm sure
there are plenty of others.

Geri Lou Ciotoli
Dataline8000 Technical Communicator
Enterprise Computer Systems, Inc.