Ventura - FrameMaker Conversion

Subject: Ventura - FrameMaker Conversion
From: Joe Miller <joemiller -at- CANBERRA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 10:21:59 -0500

Mike Soulliere wrote:

> We are considering moving from Corel Ventura 7 to Adobe
>FrameMaker 5.5....I would appreciate hearing any suggestions
>or workarounds that could help us successfully move from
>the latest version of Ventura to FrameMaker.

Item the first: I suspect the only way you'll be able to do this is to
export the text from Ventura, search for all typesetting tags and replace
them with whatever Frame uses, replace all reference codes with typed in
references, and replace font change codes with whatever Frame uses.
Assuming that the pix files are separate, that will present no problem.
For more help, I'd suggest posting a request on the fee-free Corel forum
at: http://www.universalthread.com

This forum is run by an individual; it is not associated with or sponsored
by Corel, though they have a presence there and like any other user post
answers and helpful tips.

Item the second: Ventura 7 is not the latest version. Before going
through the pain of conversion, why not try Ventura 8? This version solves
98% of the problems we all found in Ventura 7 (which was a complete rewrite
of Ventura in 32-bit code, so it wasn't perfect). Be sure you get, or
download from Corel's FTP site if necessary, the just released patch for
Ventura 8.

Best,
Joe Miller
Ventura user since V1.1, 10+ years ago, and still going strong.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=