Resumes and HR scanning

Subject: Resumes and HR scanning
From: "Robert E. Garland" <robert -at- JTAN -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 15:49:28 -0500

I'm on the market again, and this time the world seems to want scannable
resumes.

I have a resume that has served me well. The layout was created during
outplacement seminars attended a few years ago. Unfortunately, this
resume seems to break many of the rules for scannable resumes.

What are the best ways to lay out a scannable resume?

In a related issue, several companies have web sites where they want you
to cut and paste your resume. After I cut and paste, the resume looks
quite bad. Can those of you who are on the receiving end of "cut and
paste" resumes submitted through the company website provide some
information on how things look when they finally get to the hiring
manager?

--
Robert Garland Amateur Radio Station NX3S
Hilltown Township Bucks County Grid FN20ii

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=