Re: Query: Docs delivery via web?

Subject: Re: Query: Docs delivery via web?
From: "Huber, Mike" <mrhuber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 10:30:13 -0500

> From: Mark Dempsey [mailto:mxd2 -at- OSI -dot- COM]
> Acrobat is now available as a plug-in for Netscape (and others, I
> assume), the docs can be read online directly, or downloaded. You must
> use Netscape 4.5, incidentally, to have the option once Acrobat is a
> plug-in.

I have Netscape Navigator 4.01 on my system here. And it displays Acrobat
files.
Granted, it isn't displaying them as a plug-in, but it does work. The
difference is that the document appears in a separate Acrobat window, not
the Navigator window. But PDF is a viable file format even if the reader is
using an older version of Navigator.

Whether it is a good idea to provide a particular document in that format is
another question altogether.

---
Office:
mike -dot- huber -at- software -dot- rockwell -dot- com
Home:
nax -at- execpc -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=