Re: CHAT: how times have changed

Subject: Re: CHAT: how times have changed
From: John David Hickey <jdavid -at- FARABI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 10:30:25 -0500

Greetings!

> to keep people from stumbling over it. But writers are
> generally held in a second-class position in this industry,
> a position reflected in the amount of respect, involvement,
> and pay that falls their way. As a result, all too often in a

Have times changed? How much time are we talking about here. It's all a
question of evolution and evolution takes lots of time!

Our lot in life has certainly gotten better in the last ten years, but I'm
sure we're not getting as much glory as we think we deserve. Still, we do
get some respect and more involvement than our predecessors got sitting at
their Underwoods. And I think they pay is *way* better!

All the same, I keep looking forward for the respect upgrade for our
profession. Be patient and persist people!
--
Be seeing you,

Dave
---
John David Hickey (jdavid -at- farabi -dot- com)
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hills/7829/

Lone Writer at Farabi Technology Corp. (Montreal, Quebec)

They say the pen is mighter than the sword.
But if you miss a deadline, you'd better bring the sword.
--
Do not confuse my opinons with my employer's.
Each exists in blissful ignorance of the other.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=