Template Design Question - Print and On-Line

Subject: Template Design Question - Print and On-Line
From: Roger Morency <rogerm -at- ONTARIO -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 14:50:17 -0500

Earlier this year we decided to take the plunge and deliver all future
product documentation on-line. We will initially deliver everything on CD
using Adobe Acrobat Reader as the viewing tool.

Here's the problem: We create our manuals using FrameMaker. We plan to
continue to use FrameMaker for our on-line effort and convert them to PDF.
Our current templates use left and right headers and footers. In the past,
when we have printed our manuals, we printed them double sided. It dawned on
us that if our clients decide to print their own manuals from the CD ROM,
they may not be able to print double sided (duplex) pages. Printing our
current template as a single sided manual would make the left/right
page-number footers awkward at best. We have though about centering headers
and footers for our on-line effort but wondered what the rest of you do in
situations like this.

Any thoughts?

Roger Morency
rogerm -at- ontario -dot- com <mailto:Rogerm -at- ontario -dot- com>
Visit http:/www.iquest.net/~rmorency to try out some PaperJam(tm) and
TrafficJam(tm).

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=