Re: Software to tally number of windows in an application

Subject: Re: Software to tally number of windows in an application
From: Kris Olberg <kjolberg -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 12:43:57 -0600

Carla Lotito says:

>We have software which is uses OCX technology which means its components
are
>plugins to the application.
>I have been told that each OCX can be a software window or a group of
>software windows.

I don't know much about Delphi, but I'm guessing that the "OCX technology"
to which you refer is Microsoft's ActiveX. ActiveX controls are not
restricted to windows or groups of windows; a control could be anything from
a hidden piece of code to a button, data grid, and so on. It's possible that
the controls could be windows or groups of windows as well.

>We need to know exactly how many windows there are in the software for
>revision and localization purposes. This is not currently possible because
>we can't tally how many windows there are, nor find out how to access them
>all.

>Does anyone know if such software exists?

Ask the developers of the product. I'm not aware of any software that will
do what you need. You might try search the Web or talking with Delphi.

Regards...Kris
kolberg -at- healtheon -dot- com
kris -at- olberg -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=