TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
Subject:JOB: Richmond, VA From:"Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM> Date:Tue, 17 Nov 1998 09:16:54 -0700
Capital One Financial Corporation's Information Technology Department
has openings for two technical writers to support a systems
Capital One is among the largest issuers of consumer lending products
in the world. The company has grown dramatically because of the
success of its information-based strategy, which combines advances in
information technology and sophisticated analytical techniques to
identify and take advantage of business opportunities. Visit our web
site (www.capitalone.com) for more information about the company.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer.
Design, write, and edit technical documentation for a variety of media
and audiences. Deliver analysis and design documents, technical
specifications, system operation and administration guides, user and
procedure manuals, help systems, and intranet pages.
· Bachelor's degree in English or similar discipline.
· Three or more years of technical writing experience or an equivalent
combination of training and experience.
· Exceptional writing and editing skills.
· Ability to evaluate documentation requirements for a project.
· Fundamental understanding of client/server technology.
· Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, and meet
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word.
· Experience designing and developing web sites.
· Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat Exchange.
· Experience developing online help.
Submit resume to:
Danette Trotter, Human Resources Department
Phone: (804) 967-1505
Fax: (804) 967-1483
Email: danette -dot- trotter -at- capitalone -dot- com
Eric J. Ray RayComm, Inc. http://www.raycomm.com/ ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com
*Award-winning author of several popular computer books
*Syndicated columnist: Rays on Computing
*Technology Department Editor, _Technical Communication_