Changes in Documentation

Subject: Changes in Documentation
From: "Gos, Michael" <MGOS -at- LEE -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 09:26:00 PST

In the past few years we have seen wholesale changes in documentation
packages for software and other products. Many companies have done away with
the large paper manuals, others have ceased to include them with their
products, offering them at extra cost. Still others provide only online help.

This has led to a proliferation of independent authors and publishers writing
and producing manuals for products they do not produce.

I am interested in studying this phenomenon. If your company has made such a
change in your documentation policies, or you can shed any light on the
subject, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Dr. Michael Gos
mgos -at- lee -dot- edu

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=