Re: Q. Expanding acronyms within acronyms

Subject: Re: Q. Expanding acronyms within acronyms
From: Scott McClare <smcclare -at- DY4 -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 17:23:26 -0500

I would be inclined to go with:

input/output control (IOCTL)

at first mention (and IOCTL subsequently), since I don't feel it's
really an initialism-within-an-initialism, as you do.

Then, if "input/output" appears separately within the document, you
could do the same for it as an entity in its own right:

input/output (I/O)

Take care,

Scott

--
Scott McClare - Technical Writer
DY 4 Systems Inc., Kanata, Ontario, Canada

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=