Robohelp 6.0 and lists

Subject: Robohelp 6.0 and lists
From: Steven Evanina <sevanina -at- HITEL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 11:38:17 -0500

Hello all,

Excuse the bandwidth but I can't seem to resolve this problem.

I'm using RoboHelp 6.0 to create help (winhelp 4.0) for win and unix.
The problem I have is related to bulletted/numbered lists. When robohelp
saves the project, the winrtf filter is used (winhelp 4.0). This action
doubles every instance of bullets/numbered lists in the file as shown
below:

1 > text (original list)
1 > 1 > text (created list)

You can see this if you open the rtf directly with word (note that the
list displays correctly when the project is opened with robohelp).

My problem is that Hyperhelp (on the Unix side) is confused by the
double numbering.

I can global search and replace but when the file is saved in the
winhelp 4.0 format (winrtf) the problem recurs.

If I make the project winhelp 3.0 compatible, I loose the winhelp 4.0
features and hyperhelp is happy (single bullets/numbers).

Is this a RoboHelp bug? I've talked to two different RoboHelp techs that
have acknowledged the problem. Neither could tell me why winrtf does
this or if there is a "work around". Both contacted the developers and
said they would let me know the resolution of the problem or why
robohelp does this. Neither have.

As I am on digest, please respond directly and I will summarize to the
list.

Thanks
Steve Evanina
sevanina -at- hitel -dot- com