Re: Copyright Clearance Center

Subject: Re: Copyright Clearance Center
From: Kat Nagel/MasterWork <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 15:19:39 -0500

At 12:34 AM +0530 11/19/98, Guru wrote:

In India, we do have an organization for music and other such copyrights but
not for books and journals. The organization collects the copyright fees
for playing music in public places (bars, planes, music halls, theatres,
etc) and pays the money to the copyright owners.

There are several agencies here in the US that do this specifically for
music. The ones I've dealt with are ASCAP, BMI, and Harry Fox. As far as
I know, though, the Copyright Clearance Center is the only one available
for books and journals.

Anyone know of any others?
Please use the email address in my signature. The address in the header
(used for auto-reply) will bounce.

Kat Nagel, MasterWork Consulting Services Rochester NY
Technical writing/Editing/Document design/Web site planning

"The transformation of calories into words, of words into money,
and of money into calories again are the three basic cycles in a
freelance writer's metabolism." /Mary Kittredge, _Poison Pen_

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=