Re: Engineering approach to certification

Subject: Re: Engineering approach to certification
From: Emmy Aricioglu <EMMY_ARICIOGLU -at- HP-ROSEVILLE-OM3 -dot- OM -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 13:45:58 -0800

Oh my, this is simply going too far! You wrote with tongue in cheek,
no?

Along with the badges you suggested stuck to our blazers, will we also
have (to make the HR folks administering the medical insurance happy)
our genetic badges proving that we have no pre-existing medical
conditions?

How about badges proving that:

-- We exercise regularly (badges from the health club?)

-- We didn't lie on our work experience (badges from all previous
employers)

-- We eat properly (badges pulled from the database of scanned
food items purchased over the past few years?)

-- Etc.

What this shows is that we've lost the ability to judge character. But
can you blame us? We select our president based on how little he
sweats during television interviews!

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest!

Emmy

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=