Re: Certification - do it urself

Subject: Re: Certification - do it urself
From: Katav <katav -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 06:12:00 -0800

OK - all of us with less than a PhD in 'Technical Communication or a
related field' and who feel a
/certificate/ would help should

(a) think up a prestigious sounding name

Committee for the Certification of
Technical Communicators
and for the
Advancement of the Art of Communication

or some such

(b) decide on an Avery (or equivalent) form that
looks suitably /professional/ and /suitable for
framing/
then we can each certify the other. It will impress
the HR screeners and we will know the certifiable [cq]
candidate is a real tek riter because the person is a
relevant to TECHWR-L :-] ) - sort'a like a /secret
handshake./

<jlemair -at- ITEXCHSRV2 -dot- PHX -dot- MCD -dot- MOT -dot- COM> wrote:

> I can think of only one truly compelling reason for
certification--to get
> your resume past HR.

==
Katav ( katav -at- yahoo -dot- com )
''Despise not any person and do not deem anything unworthy
of consideration, for there is no person without his hour,
and no thing without its place'' {Ben Azzai [Avot 4:2]}

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=