Re: Certification/Labor Shortages

Subject: Re: Certification/Labor Shortages
From: Tim Altom <taltom -at- SIMPLYWRITTEN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 16:33:09 -0500

Here in Indianapolis, there are probably three slots for every halfway
qualified applicant. There are jobs with body shops, large companies, small
contracting firms...just about everywhere. We have some larger companies in
our area who have standing job announcements on the STC hotline. They're
interviewing anybody who shows interest, but the very best people were
snatched up some time ago. And we're about to see the emergence here of
"Sili-corn Valley," as our own a-borning technology centers have been
waggishly named. That'll push the competition even higher.

Tim Altom
Adobe Certified Expert, Acrobat
Simply Written, Inc.
The FrameMaker support people
Ask about Clustar Method training and consulting
317.899.5882
http://www.simplywritten.com

>> David, I'll turn your remark --are YOU kidding?-- don't know where you
>> live, but they're not exactly beatin' down our doors in this area for
>> writers!
>>
>> Steve Gillespie
>> Midsouth Chapter, STC
>> Memphis, TN