Re: ISO Certified? No, Please do not say it

Subject: Re: ISO Certified? No, Please do not say it
From: Barry Kieffer <barry -dot- kieffer -at- EXGATE -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 14:41:36 -0800

Chuck, you just pushed my TW hot button.

<snip>
...than ISO 9000 certification says about a company's quality of
output.
> To paraphrase what one ISO consultant
> once told me, you can produce total garbage, but as long as you can
> fully document how the garbage is produced, then it will be ISO
> certified garbage.
</snip>

Repeat after me:

You can be ISO registered.

You can not be ISO certified.

I started writing ISO documentation way back when people still remembered
what "ISO" really stands for.

Back when if you said "International Standards Organization" you received a
slap to the belly with a wet fish.

Any questions?

Class dismissed.

Barry