Re: Office 97 SR-2

Subject: Re: Office 97 SR-2
From: Bill B <buckheit -at- REDJACKET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 10:19:29 -0600

In a word: DON'T.

I installed the "fixed" version of SR-2 and started to get major crashes,
not only in Word97 but in other apps as well. I uninstalled Office97,
deleted all the files that the uninstall didn't, and deleted any MS Office
registry entries. I then reinstalled Office97 without the SR-2 patch and
all apps now run better.

I have talked to one person who hasn't had any trouble with this patch, but
the choice is yours.

Bill

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=