RELOCATION

Subject: RELOCATION
From: Robert Maxey <Bob_Maxey -at- MTN -dot- 3COM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 14:08:35 -0700

>> I'd also like to say that I've been seeking opportunities outside
the area of my current residence, only to be told that I don't live in the
area. Today nobody can rent an apartment without a steady income, so the
only way to relocate is to have a job first. I know some companies offer
relocation assistance, but they don't seem plentiful. Does anyone have
experience with this problem?

I am starting to plan my relocation from Utah to Maine, and I am gathering
information about this very problem. I have found apartment managers will
accept 6 months advance payment for rent, but this is not something
everyone can come up with.

I have also found that there are many people with small apartments or
duplex units that will rent to people and some of them do not require much
in the way of rental history. Here in Utah, I rented from an elderly lady
who only wanted someone 'Nice' to live in her place.

A relocation is quite an experience and it pays to plan carefully. Perhaps
you can talk a friend into moving as well. I thought all of my friends were
happy and content untill I asked a simple question at dinner one night. I
asked how many are fed up with Utah and are interested in moving, and I
found a few people are actually considering making the move with me. This
can help in keeping costs low.

Bob Maxey

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=