Re: Adobe/Demoshield?

Subject: Re: Adobe/Demoshield?
From: Sergej Rinc <info -at- SINONIM -dot- SI>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 21:10:40 +0100

Hi Damien,

have you tried DemoShield support yet (<mailto:support -at- demoshield -dot- com>)?
If not, there's a simple solution to that:

1. Create a hot spot for the specific PDF file.
2. Add a New Action when user Left-Clicks Mouse.
3. Choose View Internet URL from a listbox and select Next.
4. Type in URL field for example <path>../pdf/myfile.pdf<path>.
5. Click Finish and you're done!

Please note that my example assumes that you have the DemoShield Player in
for example \bin subfolder and your PDF(s) is (are) in \pdf subfolder of the
root (CD-ROM) folder. Also this works only in 32-bit Windows (e.g. not 3.x)
but it's probably not an issue.
I guess this solution is much better than using Launch Application cause
you don't allways know where users have various readers installed - and
since PDF file format has an entry in system registry you thus offload this
worry to the system ... ;-) Make sure also that you check off the option
Keep Demo Allways On Top so users will definitely see the PDFs.

Sergej Rinc
Doc-To-Help Certified Trainer
Tehnical Director, Sinonim d.o.o.
mailto:info -at- sinonim -dot- si