Tech. Writer work abroad

Subject: Tech. Writer work abroad
From: Bret Cohen <BCohen3434 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 14:49:49 EST

I am a United States citizen interested in obtaining a junior level technical
writing position and would very much like to work in Europe. Does anyone out
there know how difficult it would be for an American to obtain such a
position? I have an associate degree in computer information systems and a
certificate in C/UNIX programming (as well as an M.A. in philosophy) and have
completed an internship with a software development company which included
some internal documentation.

I know that the European Union requires that a company seeking to hire someone
from outside Europe must demonstrate that the position could not be adequately
filled by a European in order to obtain a working permit for the prospective
employee. Does anyone know how difficult this is to show in the case of
technical writing?

I might also like to work in Mexico or South America. I am fluent in Spanish.
Does anyone know what the job prospects might be in technical writing or
translating in those countries?

Bret e-mail: bcohen -at- aol -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=