Re: Technical name for the #?

Subject: Re: Technical name for the #?
From: "Molly M. Theodossy" <mmtheodossy -at- UCDAVIS -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 16:04:59 -0800

In the style manuals I have, this symbol is defined as both number and
pound (in reference to weight, not currency) I agree that to use a term
such as octothorpe does little to clarify what you are referring to.
Whatever you choose to call this symbol, define it early in your manual and
include it in your glossary.

Molly M. Theodossy
Technology Trainer/Technical Writer
mmtheodossy -at- ucdavis -dot- edu
(530) 754-2113
University of California, Davis

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

Previous by Author: Re: Your Opinion Please - Lecture Structure
Next by Author: Re: A Different Tread about Thread Names
Previous by Thread: Re: Technical name for the #?
Next by Thread: Re: Technical name for the #?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads