Re: ANON: job dissatisfaction

Subject: Re: ANON: job dissatisfaction
From: Svi Ben-Elya <svi -at- ELIASHIM -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 15:37:52 +0200

If you want to take charge and work on more creative projects, try taking
responsibility and make proposals. If you have an idea, prepare a rough
draft or mockup, along with a written proposal of why you think this is
useful, what your assumptions are, and what you feel needs to done. Not all
proposals will be accepted.

I do this all the time and it works well. Some proposals are accepted and
others become the basis for something completely different. More than one
proposal has been way off the mark on some of the specifics, but accepted
with changes.

As a rule, the smaller the company, the easier it is to get involved and
even have responsibility pushed on you. Large companies have more low-level
work where you perform technical tasks and don't see the whole picture.
Unless you have the experience to be (one of) the senior writer(s), large
companies may never push this responsibility on you.

- Svi Ben-Elya -
svi -at- il -dot- esafe -dot- com
chase -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il