Re: Too many jobs on a resume

Subject: Re: Too many jobs on a resume
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 13:17:44 -0600

I'm reminded of someone I used to work for who turned up her nose at an
applicant because her resume listed 5 jobs in 5 years. "She obviously
can't hold a job. Why would I want her when nobody else does?" Turns out
her husband had been in the military and they'd been transferred every
year. The woman who refused to hire her had been in the same position
for over 10 years. So there are two morals to this story: (1) if there's
anything unusual about your job history, explain it on your cover letter
or resume, and (2) consciously or not, people who stay at a job may
prefer to hire people who stay at a job, and people who move on may
prefer to hire people who move on.

Tracy
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Curriculum & Instructional Materials Center
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=