ANON: Job Dissatisfaction

Subject: ANON: Job Dissatisfaction
From: marilyn O'Leary <moleary -at- LSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 07:43:02 -0600

I have been following this thread and would like to know with what are
you dissatisfied: personnel, tasks, projects, the firm? You don't
mention any of these. I wonder if your dissatisfaction comes from a
desire to make a "significant" and "noticed" contribution. If this is
the case, quit you job and become a freelancer. No techwriter on a
staff is noticed; often his or her contribution is not even acknowledged
although the team members on the project know what each one
contributed. In a firm, your reputation will remain internal. In
contrast, freelancers become known and their contributions become known
because that is the way freelancers get new jobs ? by reputation. Your
contributions will be acknowledged, you will feel fulfilled, and you
will be able to work without this unhappiness. Good luck. Marilyn
--
Marilyn Barrett O'Leary
Louisiana Sea Grant College Program

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=