Documentation management

Subject: Documentation management
From: Deena Eliosoff <deliosoff -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 08:37:12 -0800

I support documentation for a project management system. The system is
currently DOS based, but is in the process of being rewritten for
Windows in VB. Formerly, all documentation was on paper, but now of
course we want to take advantage of on-line documentation.

The programmers are incorporating some help as they program, but very
shortly I will be involved setting up the documentation for this new
system. Yes, I know I should have been involved earlier, but let us
not get into that.

My questions are this:
What tools can one use to locate and co-ordinate the interrelation of
documentation when it is scattered over numerous modules, both on-line
and on paper.

Do databases exist that can be used to coordinate software and
documentation changes?

I am looking for sources of information if not suggestions.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=