Re: Searching for Info

Subject: Re: Searching for Info
From: Martha J Davidson <editrix -at- SLIP -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 18:20:28 -0800

At 08:44 PM 12/4/98 -0500, Susan Lenczyk asked:

>(1) Are 10- to 12-hour work days the rule rather than the exception?

In my experience, that's more a matter of personal style than a requirement.
I choose not to work more than 8 hours a day, and to budget my time so
that I get things done within that time. I have also learned to say no and
to negotiate for more time when that is necessary.

>(3) My employment background is as an editor in the environmental
>consulting field and as a grantwriter. I don't have much background in the
>nitty-gritty of computers. Would I be considered for a TW job?

It sounds to me like you have a good foundation for getting into tech
writing. Not all tech writing is focused on computers. Your experience
as an editor will be invaluable wherever you go, and if you're interested
in learning, you're heading in the right direction.

martha

--
Martha Jane {Kolman | Davidson}
mailto:editrix -at- slip -dot- net

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me?
If I am only for myself, what am I?
If not now, when?"
--Hillel, "Mishna, Sayings of the Fathers 1:13"

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=