Re: Benchmark salary - junior tech writer

Subject: Re: Benchmark salary - junior tech writer
From: Elna Tymes <etymes -at- LTS -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 11:36:08 -0800

Janet Ruiz wrote:

> Elna,
> Keep in mind that the cost of living for housing is one of the highest in the
> country in the middle of Silicon Valley (I know, I lived there for three
> years). A typical one/two bedroom apartment can run $1500/mo or higher -
> usually higher! Also, the salary quoted for the junior writer position may be
> for contract work only, which means it could only last a few weeks/months and
> with no benefits.

Nope, this was for what the hiring company advertised as a permanent position.
With the kinds of experience they wanted, however, I'd have not exactly called it
a "Junior" position, but then each company calls 'em as they sees 'em.

As for reflecting the cost of living in Silicon Valley - I'm not sure that many
companies here do that. <chuckle> I doubt they could. We just make do with what
we can get.

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=