Re: Learning C Programming

Subject: Re: Learning C Programming
From: Rowena Hart <rhart -at- XCERT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 08:39:46 -0800

As the person who started this thread (by asking for mentors
who would be willing to help/prompt me if I get stumped or
overwhelmed by the C learning curve), let me clarify a few
things:

--> I don't have any plans to change careers and become a
C programmer. I DO plan to acquire enough programming
knowledge and skills to be a better technical writer.

--> I chose C because the programmers I work with use C.

--> I also chose C because I want to focus on concepts and
structures, which is something that C has in spades.

I know it's a hard language to learn, but I'm willing to start
with it. The discussion about compilers has been interesting,
so my thanks to Arlen and Linda for their input.

Cheers,

Rowena

Rowena Hart Technical Writer

Xcert International Inc.
1001-701 West Georgia Street Phone: 1 (604) 640-6210
Vancouver, BC, Canada V7Y 1C6 Fax: 1 (604) 640-6220
Web: http://www.xcert.com E-mail: rhart -at- xcert -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=