Re: PDF v paper

Subject: Re: PDF v paper
From: William E Newkirk <wenewkir -at- MBNOTES -dot- CCA -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 08:46:59 -0500

On Wed, 16 Dec 1998 12:58:22 +0100
David Thompson <David -dot- Thompson -at- REALIZ -dot- COM> wrote:
Question:
Why is there a need for paper doc. to be shipped with a software product?
For example: I write the doc. in Word, I convert it to PDF and put it on a
CD. The final user can then view the doc. or print the doc. if need be.
Production costs are reduced. No printing and lighter packages to ship.
Am I over simplifying the situation?
Comments?
David

Depends if the product is going to be used on a system that's already
working. If it's going to be used when the tool used to read the
information is unavailable or disabled, you need paper.

You might have to throw in Acrobat as well just in case there's someone out
there who doesn't have it yet and doesn't have a network connection.

Regards,

Bill Newkirk
Rockwell Collins Technical Information Services
wenewkir -at- collins -dot- rockwell -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=