Re: Developers

Subject: Re: Developers
From: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 10:40:01 -0800

When I send a document out for a review, I attach a memo explaining the
responsibilities of each reviewer. If I'm requesting a technical review, I
am careful to state what is expected. I also state that the document will
be edited as part of the review. In general that seems to work well.
(Life is rarely 100%.)

Marilynne

At 08:04 AM 12/17/98 , Leona L. Magee-Dupree wrote:
>I gave a copy of instructions to a developer and the developer ignored the
>instructions and changed the sentences from active to passive. The
>developer tried to edit the documentation. What does a technical writer
>have to do to get feedback about the accuracy of a document and not "tid
>bits" of how to write from someone who does not know how to write? Why do
>developers do this? How should we react?
>
>From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000==

Marilynne Smith marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com
Sr. Technical Writer (619) 651-6664
QUALCOMM AE-203B
"We'll have the whole world talking"

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=