Re: Best conference if you get only one?

Subject: Re: Best conference if you get only one?
From: "Thiessen, Christopher E" <Christopher -dot- E -dot- Thiessen -at- CERIDIAN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 08:45:35 -0500

Adam Roberts, who apparently lives in France, has an excellent
point (besides conclusively demonstrating my USA-centric mindset
in what should be a global community, for which I am appropriately
chastened): let's consider those who don't live in America.

Okay. If you live in the USA, my preference is WinWriters, held
annually in Seattle Washington each February. It's the longest-lived,
has a broad spectrum of offerings (from novice to expert), and
offers a tremendous number of opportunities to mix and mingle with
folks who are doing the same kind of work: developing online help
systems in whatever environment you may choose.

If you don't live in the USA, my personal preference (since I have not
participated in any of the non-USA conferences) would again be
something run by or in conjunction with WinWriters, based on
reputation. Joe Welinske's been doing this the longest, and has
learned lots of lessons the hard way about how to run a successful
conference (which for me means giving you the information you
pay for).

As always, YMMV (which means either Your Mileage May Vary or
You Make Me Vomit, depending on your opinion of me, I guess).

Chris Thiessen
christopher -dot- e -dot- thiessen -at- ceridian -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=