Re: Personal attacks, was RE:Soliciting Book Reviews

Subject: Re: Personal attacks, was RE:Soliciting Book Reviews
From: Jason Willebeek-LeMair <jlemair -at- ITEXCHSRV2 -dot- PHX -dot- MCD -dot- MOT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 09:55:07 -0700

Wow.

Diane, if you don't like the terms he was offering, THEN DON'T TAKE HIM UP
ON HIS OFFER.

This is like any other publishing offer (or job offer, for that matter), if
you don't like it, don't take it. There is nothing wrong with demanding all
rights. There is also nothing wrong with refusing to participate.

I, for one, thought it was a fair trade. A chance at a $100 gift
certificate for all rights to a book review. And quite frankly, I don't
give a rat's ass what David does with my review, or what he does with the
money he gets for the clickthroughs. (Hopefully, though, he will be
environmentally conscious and recycle all of the letters in the review).

If I want to reuse the book review later, I will just rewrite it and avoid
any copyright hassles.

Jason
Who changes the channel rather than complaining to the station when a TV
show comes on that he does not like.

> >Excuse me if I seem miffed. I am. Somehow your gee-whiz enthusiasm
> >doesn't mask what I perceive as a really snide attitude on your part
> about
> >the naivete of reviewers.
>

> >Your motivations may be honorable, but without checking on what kinds
> of
> >resources already exist, carefully considering the copyright issues,
> and
> >clearly outlining how what you propose is different from the existing
> >resources, your enthusiasm, for all it's genuineness, looks,
> well...snide.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=