Re: Information Mapping

Subject: Re: Information Mapping
From: Hans Lonissen <lonis -at- EURONET -dot- NL>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 13:48:42 +0100

"Steven J. Owens" wrote:

> This is interesting; I haven't ever heard mention of IM and Unix
> man-pages together. Unless you're saying that IM on the face of it appears
> to be simply using a layout like the ones used in Unix man-pages.

Hi Steven, thanks for your reaction.

Not only the layout, but also the way information is organized: the same
items in same place, lots of free space, hihly structured.

> I've seen is a few brief mentions of it. They seem very obsessed with
> secrecy.

I think that's understandable. If you're selling a concept/idea rather
than software is also easier to copy it and not pay for it. It's a bit
like TV stations having to pay for program formats.

--
Hans Lonissen, SIG / PALGA, The Netherlands
Tel: +31 30 2345 184

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=