PDF vs. Paper

Subject: PDF vs. Paper
From: Cheryle W <cjwiese -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 13:53:24 PST

Kathy wrote:

<snip>
Am I confused? Do others use PDF in the same way, or do people use PDF
for online presentation of information?</snip>

Hi Kathy,

You are not alone. In my case, my audience is stricly "internal" (field
sales force). I post copies of our product guides on our intranet in PDF
format so the sales people can access and print the guides as needed.
The product guides contain product descriptions, product components,
features and benefits, etc. - stuff that doesn't change that frequently.

For information that changes frequently (such as pricing or promotions)
I use HTML.

For us, PDF is a way to distribute product guides internally
over many different geographic locations. Saves a bundle on shipping
paper guides to all of our offices, and our sales people always know
they can get the latest and greatest from the intranet.
The feedback from the field has been very positive.

Cheryle

"Finding the answer, it's a human obsession. But you might
as well talk to the stones and trees and the sea,
'Cause nobody knows,
And so few can see."

-from "Estonia" by Marillion

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=